The Golden Globes has always been one of the most anticipated (& prestigious) awards show all over the globe. Aside from the viewers holding on to their seats waiting for the winners, I also tune in to see what the finest Hollywood actors have up their sleeve as they put their fashion game face on. This is my Top 10 best dressed list for the iconic night.
10. Martin Wallström
– There’s something about simple that takes you a long way especially if it’s done in a very classy tasteful way. This puts the Swedish actor on my list. He rocked B&W in subtly various shades well + I love his shoes!
9. Liev Schreiber
– Although he lost the trophy to Jon Hamm, the veteran actor places 9th on my list just because he still looks so damn dapper despite his age. It has always been #goals to manage one’s self well in his 40s. The grey-ish ensemble matched nicely with his buzzcut too; not everyone can pull that off!
8. Charlie Puth
– Another reason to like this Marvin Gaye crooner! Although he looks like he’s dressed to the nines for prom, I love how he chose pieces that showed off his youth & personal style. His black bow tie is a wise choice as well as the slim-cut trousers.
7. Eddie Redmayne
– Aside from announcing his wife’s pregnancy, one more thing worth celebrating is Eddie’s sense of style which shone on the red carpet. I adore that touch of quirky (which he ever does so spectacularly) via the dotted midnight blue blazer! He would’ve placed higher on my list if his pants fit better.
6. Wiz Khalifa
– Now this one is polarizing & that’s exactly what I love about it! The rap star’s Thom Browne suit & Gucci slippers may look odd separately but Wiz’ charisma makes it very put-together in an impishly cool way. I’m definitely keeping an eye out for him in the future.
5. Michael Fassbender
– His sleek Tom Ford all-black tuxedo may appear very blah for some, but the fit is hands down one of the best I’ve seen. This is a prominent example of how tailoring goes a long way. The cut of the ensemble matches the X-Men actor’s frame so well, I had to make it enter the Top 5.
4. Will Poulter
– His face may have turned into an infamous meme but man, look at those proportions! The Maze Runner actor’s look is slightly identical to Puth’s but his tall, built frame made all the difference. This picture brought back my insecurities for 6foot-something guys though. *bawls*
3. Michael B. Jordan
– This guy is fast becoming one of my style icons (he ranked high last time too!). The Creed star pulls off his stylish ensemble with ease & that undeniable swagger. I personally adore his spruce combo of slim cut pants & three-piece suit.
2. Garrett Hedlund
– Very classic, very masculine, very fit for the occasion. On point. There’s something about this certain look that’s classy & effortless especially matched with the actor’s natural bravado. And the facial hair & sleek up-do did help a lot!
1. Sam Heughan
– The Outlander star tops my list of best-dressed! It was a close match between him & Hedlund but his modern approach to dressing won me over. I love his deep blue suit which exuded such a mannish contemporary feel. And while I prefer Garrett’s hair, Sam’s lock tresses aren’t that bad too! #teamcurly